Monday, November 7, 2011

I'm back and I've got my game face on

So there are a few things that should I say, have been worrying me and have given me a reason to rethink the way I live my life.


1. I've suffered from skin asthma most of my life and I have only recently grown out of it. However, I'm not sure if it's in the way our helper cleans the house and launders our linens, or if the Philippines is just getting more polluted than what I'm used to, or if I'm just really stressing myself too much at work. Whatever reason it is, my skin's inching its way back to its old ways and it's scaring me. I need a healthier and cleaner diet, and I have to start consciously being more aware of how I take care of my body. 


2. Early on this year I weighed 150lbs. I joined the gym and committed to a self-proclaimed healthy diet which didn't seem to work in the beginning. Months after I went down to 140lbs and now I've plateaued to in between that number and 143lbs. I guess I can be proud of that but I feel like I'm just being fooled by the numbers. I've been eating more than I should lately and oddly so, I haven't gained as much as I thought I would. I feel like I look fatter, I just didn't gain as much as I look. I need a good balance between my physical changes and what comes out on the scale to help me sleep at night.


3. I earn a pretty decent amount of money and work for a hotel that I can be proud of any day. But some days I really don't feel accomplished enough when I compare myself to kids my age. I try to think of ways to earn more. I would want to put up a business one day, something that I can do on the side without putting into jeopardy my position in my current job. But today, this is what I have and this is what I'm doing. I just need someone to tell reassure me that I am 21, young and with a lot of potential to make big money someday.


I am in no way sure if these things are worth my time. But they do worry me and I need to make a few changes. Today, I am going to set my 2012 New Year's Resolution early and apply this starting the second half of November (16th). 


1. No softdrinks, iced tea and artificial fruit juices. 
2. No popping zits, no scratching rashes, nails cut short at all times.
3. Skip breakfast, less carbs, no to snacking
4. Commit to this exercise regimen:
     30 minute cardio (5 days a week)
     15 minute weight training/on the mat (optional)
5. Sleep at least 6 hours a day
6. Open a new bank account and set aside Php 15,000 a month
7. Contribute Php 5,000 a month for family expenditures
8. Keep a food log and keep track of what I spend on on a daily basis (could do that here)


And a couple of plans me and my friends have for next year and the near future. This is where strict saving is needed.


1. Boracay with Option A this January 2012
2. Singapore with Batch 85 loves on the fourth quarter of 2012
3. Train with Ja this December


I may or may not add onto this list. I do think every single one is doable. I'm just the type of person who has trouble committing to things. I guess it's about time to man up and stand by something. This is all for me after all. 


Wish me luck. Hoping to drop down to 130lbs by April in time for summer. For now, toodles. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment